Monday, December 8, 2008

Mission Statement

Ever since I moved to Israel three and a half months ago, I felt as though I would go about my day with a running commentary in my head which noted how different every aspect of life is here than it was in America. Some days the commentary was so pronounced that I felt like I had replaced Will Ferrel and was the star of the sequel to "Sranger Than Fiction" (for those of you who don't know what I'm reffering to get it from Netflix..worthwhile, in my opinion). In any case, with all these thoughts mulling around my head, I figured I would put them to good use- record them for my own memory's sake, and maybe try to amuse a small audience while doing so.

I called this blog "Bumps on a Blog" firstly, because i thought it was just the most adorable name... but secondly because I've learned in the past 3 months more than ever that life is full of speedbumps, and you just gotta buckle up and roll with it!

Unfortunately i wasn't the only clever blogger out there, and the address for bump on a blog was taken. so I decided to pay homage to one of my beloved though short-lived TV shows, by naming my website http://mysocalledlifeinisrael.blogspot.com.

No comments: