Saturday, February 28, 2009

Luxuries Miss List

The following is a list of the luxuries that I miss. I call them luxuries because... well, I can certainly live without them, though some more than others. I call them luxuries because all my readers out there (thats all 4 of you!) may not know that these items are indeed luxuries, so if you happen to have these items in your life, hold them close to your heart and cherish them deeply. I've written next to each item what it has been replaced with, read on...

Luxuries Miss List (in absolutely no particular order)

1. My Camry - replaced with very expensive Ford Focus that stalls once a week and has squeeky brakes.
2. Dunkin' Donuts drive through- replaced with standing on long lines in cafes, waiting to order the only drink out of a list of 20 that is able to be made caffeine free.
3. High Quality for Low price- replaced with low quality for high price. Its simply an injustice!
4. Relaxing Saturday nights- no replacement.
5. Sundays - replaced by Shabbat, no comparison.
6. My treadmill- replaced with miles of beautiful walking terrain, but no time to take advantage.
7. Tasti -D-lite and other low cal treats- don't you know that Israelis don't diet... there is no replacement available.
8. Having 5 channels and being able to turn on the TV and find something to watch- replaced by having 100 channels and not being able to find anything to watch.
9. A cozy warm apt. on a cold winter night- replaced by a drafy apartment that doesn't retain any amount of heat that is blown into it. (I know I know... its cool in the summer...)
10. Having hot water whenever you want it- replaced with having hot water a 1/2 hour after whenever you want it.
11. Recycling facilities- replaced by feeling guilty that I am destroying this wonderful planet of Earth because I throw my newspapers out with the rest of my trash!
12. Bobbi Brown Counter at Bloomingdale's- replaced by cheezy makeup ladies at the Super-Pharm that hound you until you explain that you just came to buy diapers.
13. The Gap- irreplacable.
14. Free shopping carts at the supermarket- replaced by needing to dig into my wallet and every pocket in order to find a 5 shekel coin. Is that really enough of a deterrant for someone who wants to steal one? Come on!

I reserve the right to add to this list...

1 comment:

Gila Rose said...

i love this list! our tiny little ford focus has had to replace both our camry and our minivan. i love that i now look at a corolla - the tiny pinky finger of toyotas - and think, wow, what luxury to have such a big car. also, what is with the SIZE of the coffees! what's a girl to do when she wants a LARGE that's actually a LARGE. ps do you mind if i steal this idea for my blog?